Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Chapter 4

The next day Callosus and I parked next each other again.

"So how was your night Samantha?" asked Callosus on the way to home room.

"I told my mom about you." Callosus blushed.

"I was wondering, do you want to go to Lake Perris with some school friends and me?" he asked.

"Um sure I would have to double check with my mom though. Whats your number?"

"414-185-8895" I put him in my phone's contacts.

"I'll call you after school to get the information, is that okay? I asked.

"Yea of course" he said as we sat down at our desks and Mr.  Brown came.

The day went by fast luckily and I had lots too think about. But what made me uncomfortable was the fact that I felt as though I was being watched from time to time. Callosus and I said goodbye and I headed home.
After I pulled into the driveway I grabbed the mail. There was something for my mom like always, but this particular letter was old and fancy looking. I walked into the door on accident while looking for who sent it and almost fell on my butt. When I was stable my mom opened the door and asked what happened.

I giggled, "I walked into the door."

She laughed, "Come on inside I'll get a bag of peas."

"So what did we get today more bills?" asked mom.

"Well the water and gas bill, but also you got a weird letter and it doesn't say who it's from."

She came back and exchanged the bag of peas for the letter. She didn't say anything, but she just looked angry and sad like she did when I would ask what happened to my father. She walked silently to her room dragging her feet and hunched over the letter.

An hour later when I was cleaning my homework off the kitchen table to make dinner she came out with her eyes all puffy and red, and she looked weary and weak. I puled out a chair and guided her to it. When she sat down I realized that she was still clutching the letter. She handed me the letter that was now crumpled and had tear drops on it. I unfolded it...

To The Wells family,

We have assigned a get together at my place to discuss James Wells at Manyard Lane on the 10th of this month 12:00.

I gave my mom a confused look, " Mom who are the people that want to talk about Dad?"

"They are the ones who have him. Sweetie your dad is still alive."she started to cry.

"They said I couldn't tell you anything or they would take you away I'm sorry I never told you anything about your dad." She took me in her arms as I cried for a long time. I finally pulled away silently and started to chop up vegetables for the salad we planned on having for dinner.

"SAMANTHA HELP ME! Please help me, please,please." Mom and dad were crying for me as men with no faces dragged them away. "NO MOM, DAD DON'T GO COME BACK PLEASE!" I scream as I'm kept restrained. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I shot up out of my bed taking in ragged breaths of air, I was covered in goose bumps and sweat. I walked fast to my mom's bed side to find her laying there safe I looked down at my hands that were shaking violently. I walked to the kitchen for some special family recipe tea that always helps me sleep. After I calmly drank a mug I fell asleep on the couch and woke at 8:00. My mom hadn't woken up yet so I ground some coffee beans and brewed a pot. I was on my second cup when she awoke and made her and I some french toast.

"Oh I know what I smell, coffee and um french toast?" she quested.

"Yup," I gave he a smile.

We ate or food silently until, "Sweetie what were you going to ask last night?
I looked at her weird, I never mentioned I was going to ask her something.
"Um I was going to ask if I could go to the lake with Callosus and some school friends today. Around 10:00 at Lake Perris and Callosus said that I could catch a ride with him.

"Yes you can go, but I would like to talk to this charming Callosus when he picks you up." She winked at me.

I sent a text to Callosus and said I could go. He seemed happy and he said that he'll pick me up at 9:30. I hurried because it was already 9:00 so I grabbed my beach bag and put a beach towel, spare clothes and my phone charger in it. After that I showered and put on my blue bikini bottoms and white tankini top cause I was diffidently was not going to wear a full bikini with people from school. I slide on my Micky Mouse top on and basketball shorts over my swim wear and slide some flip flops on.

"Sweetie, Callosus is here!" yelled  mom.
I grabbed my beach bag and met mom and Callosus talking.

When he say me he smiled, " Hey Samantha are you ready?"

"Yup, I love you mom!" I gave her a big hug and kiss.

"Take care of her young man and both of you behave she yelled as Callosus and I hopped in his car. I waved to her as we pulled out of the driveway.

"Your mom is really funny." he smiled, "And it's cute that you two are like best friends."

I blushed, "Thanks I think she likes you."

"So are we renting a boat our hanging out on land?" I asked

"One of the girl's family in Gym class owns a nice big boat so we're gonna use that."

"Cool sounds fun do you know who's all going?"

"Yea um the girls from Gym class some of the Basketball players and then a few other kids."


"Okay sounds fun." but inside I was a little worried about the Basketball players.

It didn't really take that long to get there. We put up our car pass and met the others from school. They were backing the boat into the lake and once they got it in everyone met at the deck to get on. Claire the boat owner parked the boat at the deck while everyone got on. It was a really large Pontoon boat that had just enough room for everyone.
















No comments:

Post a Comment