Friday, January 11, 2013

Chapter 5

As the school girl steered the pontoon boat into the cliffs Callusos and I talked.
"So Callusos are you excited for the school Halloween school dance?" I asked.
"Yea what were you planning on dressing up as?"
"Um I'm not quit positive, maybe a Marvel comics character. You?" I replied.
"I don't know maybe a wizard or a night."
I giggled, "I thought someone like you would choose something more creative."
"Oh, I know we could be twins, or a princess and prince.''
"Meaning I would be the prince and you the princess, that's a good idea." I laughed and he laughed with me.
Soon one of our classmates from gym came over with two water bottles. I gave her a bright smile in return, as well as Callusos. She skipped away excited and giddy she could help. Soon we were in the deep cliffs where few boats went.

I took a big swig of water as I watched girls talk to Callusos, trying not to show my jealousy. I looked around at the beautiful untouched mountainous view took a few pictures with my phone. After, since the spot next to me was empty where Callusos sat I lied down and starred at the clouds passing by between the walls of mountains. After awhile I jolted up feeling drops of cold water splash onto me. I looked and saw several people jumping into the water. Callusos comes and sits next to me.
"Are you okay, do you wanna go in with the others?" Callusos asks.
"Yea I'm fine just enjoying the scenery..." I started to stare off thinking of him talking and being so happy with those other girls.
"Do you want to go in?" He asks again a little worried.
"Oh yea sorry, cold water sounds nice right now."
I get up and slip off my flip flops, shorts, and Micky mouse T-shirt and put them into my beach bag. After I turn around and see Callusos pull off his T-shirt, and I see a six pack. I blush and turn back around and then see all the other girls in strapless or string bikinis thinking well I wore a tankini to be safe. Thump thump thump thump SPLASH! went Callusos, I giggled. I ran and jumped off doing a dive into the water. I hit the water with a plop and the feeling of the cold gave me goose bumps, but it felt so refreshing. I look up and see the surface, as I paddle up and up I feel the water getting warmer. Once I hit the surface I took a big gasp of air.  I look around and see Callusos swimming up.
"Hey," I give him a little wave and I can't help, but blush so I duck my head to where my eyes are right above the water.
"Hi, you looked lonely so I swam over, hey do you want to go over by everyone?" he asks.
"Um sure I guess" I reply
He starts swimming over to everyone else then turns to look at me. He had a worried look on his face. I decided to show off my swimming skills so I took a gasp of air and speed past Callusos and came up by everyone else giving Callusos a little smile. He hurried over to me and looked surprised.
"Hey where did you learn to swim like that?" I hear from behind.
I turn around curious and it's the basket ball player form the other day. I got chills and they weren't happy comfortable chills and it wasn't from the water either.
"Remember me from school yea it's Max, are you cold you have goose bumps?" he says and tries to make a charming smile again and totally fails again.
I turn around and move next to Callusos and I look at him and I see his aura melting to a deep hot red.
"Um yea I remember you, but I'm okay." I reply.
A girl comes from behind Max and kisses his cheek and then they leave. I feel a my fingers being squished and I look down to see Callusos squeezing my hand. I feel all awkward and I just float there like a boowie. All of a sudden he loosens his grip and pulls me to a big flat rock jutting out of the water and helps me up. I look out and see everyone jumping off the boat for a second time. Callusos is still holding my hand and I look to see if he's okay. His face is sad and tears welling up in his eyes, so I lean over and hug him. Granite it's awkward, but then he slumps and cries.
I had only ever really comforted my mother in the past so it was a little weird, but the I began to relax and just enjoy his presence.
"Sorry." Callusos says quietly.
I let go and sit back beside him. He grabs my hand and holds it gently between his own.
"What were you thinking about?" I ask.
" I remembering why my parents got a divorce." he replied.
"Oh could you tell me." I didn't want him to have to keep it a secret from everyone he new, because it's a hard thing to live with other wise, like a burden that holds on in less it's pull it off.
" My mother cheated on my father with several other men and they use to touch her like that girl did same. She would tell me not to say anything to my father other wise she would leave me. So I had kept countless men secret from my father and one day I couldn't hold it in anymore and I told him while we were at an ice cream shop. And he started to cry, after we got home he and my mom fought and she looked at me with so much hatred, but my father came and comforted me while she rushed to pack her things and ran out the door."
"I'm sorry..." I say.
"What happened to your dad?" asked Callusos.
"Well actually I just found out yesterday. " I frown
"Really, well sucks, what happened."
"I didn't really find out yet, but I'm going to the people that took him next Saturday. My mom said she could never tell me that he was taken our they would take me away from her also, so I don't know yet. She cried a lot when we got the letter."
"That's depressing."
"I know," I reply.
I wrap around his arm and close my eyes. I could feel him look at me, a gentle feel and his breath so steady compared to before. I look up at him and he looks back, his eyes so beautiful.
"I'm glad that I met you Callusos."
Then after a few seconds I go back and lie my face on his arm.
Later we swam back and everyone was getting out and drying off, some people just lying in the sun.
They had been playing crappy music the whole time so far so I asked if the could  turn on a song by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and they turned on soft shock, one of my favorites which they probably didn't know.All I could do was enjoy the music and close my eyes after I had dried and changed in the little pontoon bathroom. In my head I felt like I was dreaming. Like I didn't have to do anything anyone wanted me to do. The corners of my mouth went up and I sang out with the words of the song. Then Kiss Kiss came on by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and everyone seemed to know this song and shrieked in joy that it was on. I got dizzy and sat down to take a few swigs of water. I saw Callusos on the other side of the boat alone, he looked like he didn't know how to dance. I walk over next to him and yanked him up and pulled him to the dancing area. And the perfect song came on, Take Me Out by Franz Ferinand. I laughed and he smiled back, but was a little confused.
"I don't know how too dance!" he yells over the music.
"People know how to do certain dances, but dancing is just closing your eyes and listening to the music and letting your body move with your emotions. So just close your eyes and become engrossed with the music." I smile and close my eyes just standing there till my body starts moving on it's own. I slightly open my eyes and he is still there in front of me, but dancing and smiling. I laugh and the song changes then he takes a big breath and steps to me. He puts his hands on my waist and closes his eyes. I come closer and put my arms around his neck and rest my head on his shoulder , then I close my eyes. The song's beat speeds up and I have him follow me to do the basic step for waltz and then in no time we're moving fast and his hands are on my moving hips.
"Maybe I can give you dancing lessons."I laugh.
He nods and we just slowly dance enjoy each other's presence. Claire gets up on the highest thing she could screams for the music to stop.
"Okay everyone may I have your attention. We will be going to the shore and be having a bonfire, have fun."
She announces with a bright smile and everyone claps.











No comments:

Post a Comment